Thursday, July 14, 2011

Call for confrontation.

I have been on a gluten free diet for awhile now (life changing for me.) At the beginning of the year, my mother decided to jump on and see if it could help her to feel better. The pops loves to cook and loves to experiment, so there have been many delicious, yet many failed GF cooking attempts.

Baking has always been my mom's thing, and is one of the reasons she didn't want to go GF. I have decided to get my booty in gear and I started eating a fairly strict diet that is high in lean proteins. And just as I begin this diet, my mom jumps on the GF baking bandwagon. She is making cookies, banana bread, and bread she claims "tastes just like homemade bread toasted."

I came home to another batch of GF cookies on the counter. I asked Pops, "Are these cookies gluten free?" He confirmed that they were. I said, "Mom is killing me with this baking right when I am changing my diet." I expected a humorous response, but not one quite like this.

His response:
"Well...get in her face!"
pause.
"Say, "Listen biotch...""
pause.
"Sometimes you gotta get hard."

No comments:

Post a Comment